ONE OF A KIND SUNLESS SPAY SPA
A completely private, spa-like session that results in the healthy, natural look of sun-kissed skin.
Tan takes just a couple minutes but lasts 5 to 10 days
INCREDIBLE SUNLESS TAN
3 to 5 shades darker in 1 tan and the results are a streak free, golden brown tan, every time
EASY-2BREATHE PURIFICATION SYSTEM
Wide-open design with EZ-2Breathe purification system
Voice Automation to guide you every step of the way
With a revolutionary air-drying system available only by VersaSpa, you will exit ready to dress. No towel necessary.
Three professional grade of solutions for your full body sunless tan.
PH Balancing Prep Spray guarantees results
VersaSpa Instructional Video
VersaSpa Features Video
You and Your Skin
Your new tan can last between 5 and 10 days, but that all depends on you. Following all the before and after care instructions will help ensure the longevity of your new, beautiful, beach-like tan!
Before You Spray Tan
- Shower, gently exfoliate, and remove unwanted body hair 24 to 8 hours before your tanning session.
- Skin should be clean and dry before being sprayed. Don’t apply moisturizer, deodorant, antiperspirant, oils or make-up before your appointment.
- Avoid waxing, dermabrasion, and facials within 24 hours before treatment. Manicures and pedicures are fine but not recommended on the same day.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing and loose socks or flip-flops. Do not wear tight clothing, whites, bras, wristbands, leather, nylon, wool, silk, or jewelry.
- Style your hair in ponytail (away from your face and neck).
- You will not be able to bath/shower for 4-6 hours after spray tanning.
- If it is raining, bring an umbrella with you!
- If tanning prior to your spray session, be sure never to use any lotions that contain silicone, as they will prevent the spray from absorbing. This is also true for silicone-based moisturizers.
- Staff can help with any questions you have.
After Tan Care
- Wear dark, loose clothing while tan develops; nothing tight that doesn’t breath.
- Try not to rub or touch your skin during the first half hour of development time as this may interfere with your perfect results.
- Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session as sweating and constriction can inhibit the development of your tan. Flip-flops are a good choice.
- Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants until after you shower.
- Avoid showering, rain, sweating, and exposure to water for four (4) to six (6) hours.
- After 4-6 hours, shower normally (don’t use exfoliants).
- Wash with mild shower gel. Avoid body washes and shampoos that contain sls (sodium lauryl sulfate).
- Pat, don’t rub skin dry.
- Don’t shave until 12 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid swimming or exercising until the next day.
- Avoid jacuzzis, hot tubs, chlorine, and very long hot showers.
- Avoid exfoliating. Scrubbing your skin will shorten the life of your tan.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!
Forever After by Australian Gold
Expose California Tan
Juicy by Designer Skin
When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some colour wash off. Don’t worry! This is quite normal. You will be left with a gorgeous tan.
What to Avoid
- AHA products (alpha hydroxy acids)
- Anti-acne products that exfoliate and dry skin (antibiotics)
- Anti-aging products that “renew” the skin
- Bar soaps or soaps containing sulfates
- BHA products (beta hydroxy acids)
- Body hair bleach products
- Bug spray, perfumes, body sprays when applied directly to the skin (spray clothing instead, if possible)
- Facial masks and exfoliating scrubs
- Hair inhibiting lotions
- Heavy sweating
- Eye makeup removers
- Pat your skin dry after your showers: don’t rub!
- Waxing or hair removal (do this one day prior to tan)
- Note that a woman’s tan may develop differently during her various hormonal changes (menstruation, ovulation, pregnancy). Adding the pH balancing prep spray to your spray tan can help avoid any inconsistent results.
Remember, spray tanning does not provide any SPF protection!
Will the VersaSpa turn me orange?
The new misting technology used by the VersaSpa assures that all areas of the body get a uniform coating of the solution in the exact quantity required to produce a golden brown tan.
How does it work?
How many days will a VersaSpa spray tan last?
The faster your skin regenerates, the faster the sunless tan will fade. The VersaSpa tan is created by DHA and Erythulose, and affects only the top layer of the skin. It will begin to fade after 5 to 7 days as the skin naturally begins to exfoliate. It is important to keep skin moisturized after your VersaSpa session as dry, flaky skin will slough off faster and colour will fade sooner. Tropical Sunsations offers a variety of tan-extending products that help hydrate skin and maintain even, natural-looking colour, longer.
How long does it take?
How soon will I see results?
Can I use it when I’m pregnant?
What is the prep spray and do I need it?
How do I prepare for my VersaSpa session?
Should I moisturize before I spray tan?
How long should I wait after I spray tan before I shower?
Can I spray tan in addition to a tanning bed?
If I tan prior to my VersaSpa session, is there lotion I should avoid using?
Will the solution from the VersaSpa come off on my clothes?
We offer two different tanning solutions. The solution that has instant bronzers in it can rub off on your clothes, but it does not stain. When you take your first shower, you will see the solution wash off (this is normal) but the real tan stays. There are some fabrics such as silk, nylon and especially leather that this may not wash out of, so caution is always recommended.
If this is a concern, we also offer a clear solution with no cosmetic bronzers. It’s great for bridal parties and special events, as well as clients with acne prone skin. Clear solutions are used as an alternative for spray sessions done for formals, as it is completely invisible and will not damage fabric.
Will my spray tan protect me from the sun when I am on vacation?
Do I need to wear eyewear in the VersaSpa?
Is the solution safe for sensitive skin? What about allergic reactions?
Will the solution dye or damage my hair? How do I protect it?
No, spray tan solution does not affect your hair. For your convenience however, we provide you with a disposable shower cap to prevent it from getting wet.